In short, 3 Ingredients Gnocchi Recipes are the perfect soft pillow for your meal, cheese, meat, or soup. Defined as pasta, it can be one of the easiest pasta to make, form, and shape, especially since it requires sophisticated ingredients such as presses or extruders.
Several varieties of gnocchi are prepared in different parts of the world.
The French version of gnocchi (Gnocchi Wheat) is made by adding a piece of flour and hot water.
Prepared from cooked semolina, tossed, rolled out, and sliced before baking.
Also known as Malloreddus, they are water and semolina-based gnocchi boiled.
Sweet Gnocchi Potatoes:
Made with sweet potatoes as a base. They are like potato dumplings.
Ricotta is prepared with cheese, eggs, and flour to make a molded and cooked dough.
Some 3 Ingredients Gnocchi recipes use other ingredients in dumplings, such as eggs, cheese, herbs, spices, and various flours, from wheat to semolina.
How to Make Whole Wheat Gnocchi?
- Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes with a knife and fork before putting them in a cold water pot. Boil potatoes with a fork or knife until soft.
- Once cooked, remove them from the boiling water and let the skin cool for 5 minutes before peeling them (be careful because your potatoes are still hot!)
- Once the potatoes are tender, toss them with the potato rice (preferably) or with a fork or potato whisk. Try to get a good mash with your potatoes. Our potatoes are still hot and melted; let’s prepare some more and start making flour. Add two and a half pinches of salt to the mashed potatoes. If there is no flour, add more flour and mix it, the dough will look unflattering and sticky. Knead a little on top of the clean working surface, roll out the dough, mix well, and work with your hands for 1-2 minutes until the dough has thickened and thickened. Add, check and enjoy! Your potatoes will still be hot, which is nice because it will help to add the soft wheat flour faster and better.
- Once the dough is prepared, split it into 4-6 portions to make it more comfortable to work.
3 Ingredients Sweet Potato
If you’re looking for a simple 3-ingredient Gnocchi Recipes for dinner, look no further! These sweet potato dumplings are made in no time, and they are so delicious!
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Two Sweet Potatoes (medium-size)
- Gluten-free or all-purpose flour 2 cups (+ Half cup more)
Assembling 3 Ingredients Gnocchi Recipes:
- Heat the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Make some holes in potatoes using a fork and bake for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Set it aside for easy handling.
- Mix the salt and 2 cups of flour. Sprinkle the dry flour on the workplace and spread the flour and salt mixture on the surface. Make a spot in the middle of the flour.
- When the potatoes have cooled sufficiently, peel them off and place them one at a time in the potato basket. Rinse both potatoes over the flour.
- When all the potatoes and rice are ready, apply the flour to your hands and make yams into the flour. Keep stirring the batter until it is well blended. Sticky dough is not good for making perfect Gnocchi, so keep adding flour into the mixture until you get a fine dry dough. If your potatoes are large, they may need a little more flour.
- When well blended, shape the dough into balls and cut them into eight equal parts. Move each part into a long shape almost 1/2 inch thick. Cut the gnocchi portions into 1 cm cuts. Gently fold each piece into the dough to ensure it’s dry and non-sticky around the edges. Continue until you have cut all the pieces of flour.
- Gnocchi can be refrigerated for three days, frozen for several weeks, or cooked immediately.
- Bring a pot of salt water to a boil. Add gnocchi and boil for one to two minutes. When the gnocchi starts to float in the water, let it boil for another 30 seconds, then remove it with water and spoon thoroughly.
- Add your favorite sauce and eat your food!
3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Gnocchi Vegan
This egg-free recipe is very easy to make. It also requires just three basic ingredients: potatoes, all-purpose flour, and salt. This Gnocchi without egg recipe pairs well with vegan vodka salsa, pesto, etc.
- 2 pounds of Potatoes (cleaned and scrubbed)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup for kneading
- One teaspoon of salt
- Vegan Vodka Sauce
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Cooked vegetables (optional)
- Peel potatoes, grate them and place them in a bowl. This process prevents sliced potatoes from turning as you work.
- Put one teaspoon of salt along with potatoes in a pot of water. Cook over medium heat until soft, about 20-25 minutes. You will be able to measure potatoes easily with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes and place them in a bowl. Mash with potatoes or a large fork. Let it sit until the potatoes cool to touch it.
- Add whole flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Add flour between each addition. To avoid solid waste, slowly add 1/2 cup of the last flour. Use enough flour to make the dough firm but soft.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until smooth, do not mix too much flour. Cut the flour into eight equal pieces.
- Turn each piece into a length of about 2.5 cm. Cut the string into equal pieces or “pillows.” Repeat with other flowers.
- Boil a large pot of salt water. Add the gnocchi to the water. Do not add too much gnocchi at a time so that it does stick.
- Gnocchi will sink to the ground. After about 10-15 seconds, they will come back, which means they are cooked. With a good spoon, remove the gnocchi.
- Prepare cooked gnocchi from a plate. Remove the sauce from the vegan vodka sauce and add the top, remaining cheese, or fresh herbs.
1. What Are the Three Types of Gnocchi?
Some of the common types of Gnocchi are: Gnocchi Parisienne, Roman gnocchi, Gnochetti Sardi, Sweet Gnocchi Potatoes, Ricotta gnocchi.
2. Can You Use Self Raising Flour Instead of Plain Flour for Gnocchi?
If you use self-rising flour instead of regular flour, the “rising” ingredients will help you make soft and chewy Gnocchi and also when cooking it to add to your sauce.
3. What Goes Good with Gnocchi?
The three-ingredient egg-free Gnocchi recipe pairs well with vegan vodka salsa, pesto, etc.
4. Do You Have to Boil Gnocchi Before Cooking?
It is unnecessary to cook the Gnocchi first, as they will cook in the gravy. Let it all soften up a bit. Just take it straight out of the bag into the pan and cook.
5. How Long Can You Keep Cooked Gnocchi in The Fridge?
Gnocchi can be refrigerated for three days, frozen for several weeks, or cooked immediately.