Best Dishes for Dinner Vegetarian dishes can be extremely versatile and delicious. There is a huge variety of dishes available to choose from and they can be great to make a simple but flavorsome meal.
- Stir fry: stir-frying is a great way to make a simple but nutritious dinner, with a mix of vegetables, your choice of noodles, and some tasty sauces.
- Roasted vegetables: vegetables such as peppers, carrots, potatoes, and aubergines are great roasted in the oven with a mix of herbs and spices.
- Vegetable curry: there are many types of vegetable curry that can be made with an array of spices, as well as coconut milk or vegetable stock.
- Veggie burger and chips: veggie burgers are a great alternative to meat, with a variety of different types such as black bean, quinoa, and sweet potato. Serve it with some homemade oven chips for a hearty dinner.
- Vegetable lasagne: layer up some sliced aubergines, roasted peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, and ricotta cheese with some tomato sauce for a delicious vegetarian lasagne.
- Chilli con Carne: make your chili with a mix of beans instead of beef for an easy and tasty vegetarian option.
- Taco bowl: makes a delicious and filling dinner, with a mix of pinto beans, peppers, salsa, avocado, and lettuce.
- Black bean burgers: blend black beans, onion, and garlic to make the base of the burgers, and add in whatever other ingredients you like.
- Refried bean quesadillas: mix some refried beans with herbs and spices and cheese, and fry them in a quesadilla wrap with some salsa on the side.
- Mushroom and bean stew: combine some butter beans, mushrooms, and tomatoes for a delicious and comforting stew.
With so many great vegetarian dishes to choose from, it’s easy to make a delicious dinner that is both nutritious and flavourful.
30-minute Best Dishes for Dinner with Vegetarian Meals
1. Vegetarian Chili:
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons oil, and then sauté 1 diced onion until softened.
Add 1 red pepper, diced, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add 1 teaspoon of each garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, and stir for 1 minute.
Add 1 cup cooked black beans, 1 cup cooked kidney beans, 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes, and 1 cup vegetable stock, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, diced avocado, and cilantro.
2. Eggplant Parmesan:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice 1 small eggplant into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Working in batches, lightly dredge each slice in flour, and then dip it into 2 beaten eggs. Dip in breadcrumbs, and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons oil, and then sauté 1 clove of garlic for 1 minute.
Add 1 can (15oz) crushed tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove eggplant from the oven, and layer tomato sauce and grated mozzarella cheese on top of each slice.
Bake for 10-15 minutes more. Serve with cooked pasta and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
3. Lentil Curry:
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and then add 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon grated ginger.
Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
Add 1 diced onion, and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander and ground turmeric,
1 cup of cooked or canned lentils and 1 can (15oz) light coconut milk.
Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often. Serve over cooked basmati rice.
List of Vegetarian Dishes
1. Vegetable Stir Fry
2. Roasted Veggies
3. Lentil Soup
4. Beet Risotto
5. Quinoa Bowl
7. Vegetable Lasagna
8. Veggie Pizza
9. Mashed Cauliflower
10. Stuffed Bell Peppers
Indian Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
1. Aloo Saag – Spicy Potato and Spinach Curry
-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon cumin seeds
-1 teaspoon mustard seeds
-2 small onions, diced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-3 teaspoons ginger, grated
-1 jalapeno, minced
-2 teaspoons coriander powder
-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
-1 teaspoon garam masala
-1/2 teaspoon turmeric
-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
-4 cups spinach, chopped
-2 cups vegetable stock
-1/2 cup coconut milk
-1 teaspoon lime juice
-Salt to taste
-Coriander leaves, for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Cook until fragrant and the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the coriander powder, cayenne, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
7. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and lime juice.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.