Making Easy Homemade Biscuits without Milk is a great way to have something to enjoy that is quick, easy, and satisfying.
With the right ingredients, you can make your own fluffy and delicious biscuits without milk.
Everyone can enjoy these biscuits, regardless of dietary restrictions.
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Hot water
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients—flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the oil and mix it in until the ingredients make a crumbly texture.
- Add enough hot water until the ingredients come together, making a dough.
- Flour a work surface and knead the dough until it is lightly smooth.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of roughly 1/2 inch.
- Use a biscuit cutter (or an upturned cup or mug to cut out biscuits.
- Transfer the biscuits to an ungreased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400° F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- The biscuits are done when they are lightly golden.
These Easy homemade biscuits without milk are delicious and satisfying.
The biscuits don’t require any fancy ingredients or special equipment to make. With only a few simple steps, you can have a fresh batch of homemade biscuits that can be enjoyed by all.
So, why not give these easy biscuits a try and whip up something delicious for your next snack or meal?
Self-Rising Flour Biscuits Without Milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the flour and butter in a large bowl. Cut the butter and shortening into the flour using a pastry blender, or two knives, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add the cold water, one tablespoon at a time, to the dry mixture and mix with a spoon or your hands. Do not over mix or the biscuits will be tough and chewy.
4. Once you have a slightly sticky biscuit dough, turn the dough out onto a flat, lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
5. Using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass, cut the dough into the desired shape. Place the biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Enjoy!
How to Make Homemade Biscuits without Milk and Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of self-rising flour, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3. Slowly pour in 1 cup of warm water, stirring until a thick dough forms.
4. Using your hands, knead the dough for about 1 minute.
5. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut out your biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter.
7. Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
Easy Drop Biscuits no Milk
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces (1 stick) of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup cold buttermilk
melted butter or vegetable oil, for brushing on top
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and work it into the flour mixture with your fingers or a pastry blender until it resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the buttermilk until the dough comes together.
3. Scoop the dough with a large spoon onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each biscuit. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter or oil.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Easy Homemade Biscuits without Milk must try out these Homemade Biscuit and make your day more memorable.
Leave a Comment