Best Beef Stew Meat Recipe is a hearty, easy and delicious meal that can be made in no time with just a few ingredients.
Here is the recipe for the best beef stew meat that you can make at home.
- 1 pound of beef stew meat
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thick pieces
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the beef stew meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, and cook for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add the onions and cook for one minute.
- Add the carrots and celery, and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the beef broth, flour, and thyme, and bring the pot to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables and meat are tender.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
This comforting beef stew meat recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. Rich, hearty, and healthy, this recipe is a great way to enjoy beef stew meat in no time.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this dish in no time for a delicious meal. Enjoy!
Stew Meat Recipes other than Stew
- Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Beef & Beer Chili
- Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- Beef & Barley Soup
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- Baked Garlic Herb Beef
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli
- Pot Roast with Herbs
Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- – 2 onions, finely sliced
- – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- – 1 tbsp olive oil
- – 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- – 500g diced beef stewing steak
- – Flour or cornflour for dusting
- – 1-liter beef stock
- – 2 tbsp tomato puree
- – 2 bay leaves
- – 2 large carrots, chopped
- – 300g small potatoes, halved or quartered
- – 150g frozen green beans
- – Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- – Chopped parsley to serve (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and thyme, and cook until the onions are soft and golden.
2. Dust the diced beef with a little flour or cornflour, then add to the pan and cook until browned.
3. Transfer the beef, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker. Add the beef stock, tomato puree, bay leaves, carrots, and potatoes. Give everything a stir and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
5. About 30 minutes before serving, add in the frozen green beans.
6. Serve with chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Easy Beef Stew Recipe on the Stove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Brown the beef, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute the vegetables until they become soft and aromatic, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the stew for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beef and potatoes are cooked through and the stew has thickened.
- Lastly, stir in the frozen peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve the stew hot.